Tuesday, June 01, 2004

//While reading another blog, the following set of thoughts came to me, which I used to reply. As I felt they did a great job personifying me, I decided to post them here. Any thoughts?

Sometimes when I read this blog, I'm left wondering, "Am I less holy than everyone else, or is everyone else more holy than I am." Then I wonder, "In fact, what exactly is 'being holy.' And, in order to be it, do we constantly have to blather on about God, how wonderful he is, and how we're trying constantly to become closer to him, or can we just act the way he'd like us to act and call it good?"

I guess I don't really know the answer to any of those questions, but I do know this. If I had to choose between being a man who constantly talked about how great god was and how much I want to strive toward being like him but then found a homeless man in a church and threw him out or being a man who never said a word about God but then gave the homeless guy a bit of food, I'd choose the latter.

I guess I think a particular vocabulary doesn't make a person better. And I suppose in a sense, I don't think constantly worrying about God makes a person better. Beyond that, I suppose betterment comes from actions and intentions.

On the matter of DTR, I shall paraphrase the words of a wise woman I once knew who shall remain nameless (though she has been known as the "Bosnian Babe"). She feels that defining the relationship simply isn't the way to deal with such matters. Instead, caution should be thrown to the wind. The first person to know you have a boyfriend should be the the first person to receive an introduction on that note.

In other words, at some point you should say, "Hey you remember (insert name here), my boyfriend."

It's a terrifying way to do it, but then, she was a pretty fearless girl.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home