Thursday, May 05, 2005

I just read a blog entitled a Twist of Kate, and it put my in an odd frame of mind. A few years ago, I liked to make fun of how self-involved people from Johnson county, KS were. These days, I look to the people of the east coast and can't help but feel the same way. It's as if there is some entire world there that has nothing to do with the south, midwest, bible belt, mountain zone, southwest, pacific northwest, and california (which I've decided to count as its own region). On the other hand, maybe all of these various regions are that way to some small degree.

I guess the thing that irritates me the most about the whole thing is that old money allows individuals in this region to attend an extremely expensive liberal arts s
chool, secure in the knowledge that they'll be taken care of thanks to the powerful skill of nepotism.

That "skill" part was, of
course, sarcasm.

Um. That's all. Happy
cinco de mayo.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home